What is Giclèe? "Giclée is a neologism coined in 1991 by printmaker Jack Duganne for fine art digital prints made on inkjet printers. The name originally applied to fine art prints created on a modified Iris printer in a process invented in the late 1980s. It has since been used loosely to mean any fine-art, most of the times archival, printed by inkjet. It is often used by artists, galleries, and print shops to suggest high quality printing, but since it is an unregulated word it has no associated warranty of quality." - source Wikipedia, see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giclée
When we say Giclèe, we refer to extremely high-quality Paper Print or Canvas Print.
5 Things to know before purchasing a new Giclèe:
1) Hanamule Bamboo Paper or Archival certified, The Lyve™ Matte Canvas?
We offer both options:
Option 1: Eco-Friendly Highly Acclaimed Hahnemühle Bamboo Paper Print.
Option 2: Archival certified, The Lyve™ Matte Canvas
We decided to offer the Hahnemühle Bamboo Paper for smaller size prints and the Lyve™ Matte Canvas for larger prints. We found it to be the best solution that keeps the print quality at its peak.
2) How to choose the right size? We suggest imagining the location in which you wish to see the artwork placed, use a measuring tape to see if the artwork will fit the desired space in your home or office.
3) Rolled or Stretched? Stretched canvas is a canvas that has been stretched over a wood frame (stretcher bars) ready for display. Unstretched, also known as rolled canvas, is simply the print without the stretcher bars. Stretched canvas shipping costs are higher than the shipping costs for a rolled canvas, therefore if you have a place near your living area that can do the stretching for you it can be cost-effective. If you want to receive the artwork, open the package and hang it, we will be more than happy to do the stretching for you.
4) Is the Giclèe authentic? Always make sure that the Giclèe arrives with a certificate of authenticity, we at Owlis guarantee to ship a certificate of authenticity directly from the Artist to you for orders above $200.
Note: Since every certificate signed with every new artwork purchase, you might receive the certificate a few days after you received the artwork.
5) Does the seller offer 100% money back? It's important that you'll feel safe and have peace of mind when you purchase new art. We believe that when you buy a new art online, you should have a grace period in which you can decide if you want to keep the artwork or return it. That's why we offer a 100% money-back guarantee, so you can purchase your favorite Giclèe, see it with your own eyes and decide if you want to keep it or not. Enjoy purchasing your favorite new visionary artwork with ease and peace of mind.